Training and Licencing

All trades members of the Ontario Ground Water Association are fully licenced and insured under the Ministry of Environment (MOE) Regulation 903.  It is illegal to work on and seek remuneration for working on water wells or pumping systems for water wells in the Province of Ontario without a Well Contractor’s Licence for the company and Well Technicians Licence for the individual.


Well Technician Training

OGWA  Regional CEC Meetings - Keep your licence renewed by accumulating your CEC (continuing education credits). Click here for more information and for details about CEC meetings.

Fleming College - Ontario Well Technician training courses at Fleming College fall under two categories: courses to obtain your license and courses to maintain your license.

MOE Licencing and Forms

Ministry of the Environment - Information for applying for and renewing your well technician licence.
For information on water well industry forms necessary to obtain licencing for Well Contractors, Well Technicians, and for identification for Assistant Well Technicians in the province of Ontario. All licencing is administered by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment (MOE) under Regulation 903 of the Ontario Water Resources Act (OWRA).


Photo: Well Aware

Wells that have fallen into severe disrepair, or which have serious structural flaws, need to be properly upgraded by a Ministry of Environment licenced well contractor.

© Ontario Ground Water Association
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software